Redirections’ 8 week curriculum in mindfulness, conflict resolution and emotional intelligence for tweens and teens addresses several of the problems existing in schools today, such as lack of focus from technology overload, bullying in all forms, apathy and disrespect for teachers, and test anxiety.
This curriculum helps students to:
regulate their emotions, allowing them to increase their wellbeing and focus
- resolve conflicts constructively, minimizing bullying in the process
- minimize stress and anxiety, allowing the full ability of the child’s brain to respond and think productively
Children have a natural capacity for focused attention, engaged learning, emotional fluency, respectful communication and compassionate action. Mindfulness allows these natural capacities to emerge and be unblocked.
These sessions are:
- Flexibly offered- after school or during the school day
- One hour to 90 minutes (can be flexibly adjusted to your schedule)
- Typically 8 weekly sessions, but can be adjusted to monthly or biweekly
Components of Success:
- The school leadership’s complete commitment to the process is very supportive, leading to greater likelihood of full commitment by students to the curriculum.
- Students’ practicing the skills taught in between sessions is especially supportive in ensuring what is learned during the curriculum continues.
Connection to School’s Goals:
- We connect our curriculum back to other things being taught, allowing interdisciplinary studies and application.
- This curriculum can be customized to reinforce your school’s values.
- Keeping the students interested in the sessions is one of our top priorities so the learning involved is fun and customized to the needs of the group and the ages of the students. Role plays are included and music and media that are of interest to the kids are integrated so that connections occur for the children and teens inside and outside of the session.